Wow, lots of things for October 4th in Club Penguin History! Version 1.20 of Club Penguin launched on this day in 2006, a new field op mission was released in 2010, a new Penguin Style and other updates were released in 2011, and finally, 2012 brought with it a new Penguin Style, pin, and more!
Version 1.20 of Club Penguin, released on this day in 2006, contained some very important improvements for the game. Here is what Rsnail wrote in his blog post:
I am proud to announce the release of Club Penguin version 1.20. We’ve been working hard on this for quite a while and we hope you enjoy it!
Here is a list of all the new features and improvements.
New and Updated Features:
- New and improved login system
- Players have the option to remember their Penguin
- Players have the option to remember their password
- Enhanced content loading systemPlayers can now cancel when loading maps or newspapers
- The server will automatic try to reload content if loading fails
- Puffles will now stay around longer before running away
- Added “+” quick key to toggle screen resolution
- Added new (separate) reporting for bad penguin names
- Added spy phone to player card
- Faster loading of the game!
- Fixed default color bug
- Fixed enter key problem with chat bar
- Fixed zero score bug when playing games
- Fixed various item and furniture names
- Fixed problem when viewing furniture after your membership expires
- Fixed negative days when applying to be a secret agent
- Plus lots more
Hopefully you all enjoy this update! Please remember to only save your password on your home computer. If you save it somewhere else (like at school) , someone else might use your account without your permission and spend all your coins. Also, never give out your password to anyone other than your parents.
Please remember that there might be some bugs with this new system, so please be patient and report all the bugs you find so we can get them fixed as quickly as possible.
We’ll update you on more stuff later this week.
Until then… Waddle On!
– Club Penguin Team
By rsnail on October 4, 2006 9:51 AM
So many changes!
Moving on, in 2010 the 17th field op mission was released. It was located at the Pool where the glass windows are. The mini-game was to crack the code with the symbols.
In 2011 there were also many updates. The updates were:
- Penguin size increased in igloos
- New unlock design released with treasure chest (what you now see when redeeming codes)
- Treasure Book updated (and also added to the Gift Shop) – along with this any series coin code now unlocked the current treasure book
- Puffle Hats released (and a login screen advertising them accompanied it)
- Membership page updated
- ‘Mobile’ page link added to website navbar
- 50th field op mission (located at the Snow Forts Clock Tower, you had to find the matching shape for the game)
- Fence Pin at the Beach on the rocks
- Nyan Puffle: Part 2 uploaded to YouTube by Club Penguin
- …and finally, a new clothing catalogue for the month of October was released
The final year with updates on the 4th of October is 2012. The biggest update was a new Penguin Style.
- New Pin (Puffle Bat Key Pin at the Beach)
- Halloween Party 2012 Login Screen added
- Postcards Updated
- New Field Op (102nd one, located at the Boiler Room in front of the newspaper archives. Mini-game was to crack the lock by listening to the tempo of it, then repeating it)
- October 2012 Penguin Style (featured new items such as the Extra Cheesy Costume)
Want to see and learn more? Check out these pages about the topics mentioned above.
- October 2011 Penguin Style
- Club Penguin Items
- Club Penguin Pins
- Snow Forts
- Gift Shop
- Treasure Books
- Series 14 Treasure Book
- Puffle Hats
- Mobile Apps
- Unlocking Items/Logging In Process/Login Screens
- Club Penguin Blog
- Penguin Mail Postcards
- Boiler Room
- Newspaper Archives
- October 2012 Penguin Style