Wow, I can’t believe it – two years ago on January 1, 2011, I launched officially released ClubPenguinMemories.com to the world at exactly midnight. (Eastern Standard Time) Some of this I copy/pasted from last year’s review since it still fits.
Like I said last year, back in late 2010 when first starting to move everything from Piczo to WordPress I didn’t think it was going to be worth it. But boy, I was way wrong. Here’s last year’s stats:
- Total views in 2011: 590,932
- Total posts made in 2011: 1,004
Here’s this year’s stats:
- Total views in 2012: 2,128,416 (roughly a little more than that)
- Total posts made in 2012: 1,327
So that means:
- 2,719,348 total views (roughly a little more than that)
- 2,340 total posts (includes this one)
Stats from 2011:
- 16,736 total images uploaded (about 5GB worth)
- 1,094 pages (I added about 100 this year)
This year’s stats:
- 22,506 total images uploaded (easily 7 or 8 GB worth)
- 1,248 pages
Which means in 2012 I added:
- 5,770 newly uploaded images
- 154 new pages
The main thing I noticed over the past two years is viewers like you LOVE originality between my theme and posts – and that you love my nearly daily if not completely daily posting. I do try my best to have a different looking website than other Club Penguin Blogs – theme wise, navigation bar wise, writing wise, heck – even purpose of the website wise. The irony in this is I’m usually not one to be creative in real life. I’m one to joke around, so don’t take this personal or anything – I once said to some people “Club Penguin Blogs are like lyric websites – there’s so many and they all have the same content.” I was joking when I said it, but it’s kind of true – there’s tons of music lyric websites out there with the same song lyrics listed. Why so many? I’d love something new. Then there’s lots of Club Penguin Blogs out there, all posting the updates. (and lots of famous blogs have some sort of blue theme :P) There’s nothing wrong with that, even though I’m jokingly poking fun – everyone likes different blogger’s writing styles, how quick they are at posting, their theme, etc. Don’t take things I say like that to heart, I promise I don’t mean it in a bad way. I just do what I like and hope others like it too. All of this hard work has definitely paid off. And I’m highly humbled by this. I’m sort of on a mission – to change the way Club Penguin Blogging is and loosen it up a bit. Rather than just post cheats, let’s have some fun with other things too!
This has been an incredible year for me, both online and offline. I didn’t expect to get over 2,000,000 views this year, let alone as much as I did in 2011.
But sure enough, every month this year (with the exception of this month) this website got more views than the previous month. And we beat the record number of people online at once and the most views in a day multiple times this year. Here is a brief look at the stats. I will be honest, I don’t like to reveal my website’s stats too often because they are high and I do not want others to feel down because my website is doing better than theirs. It just takes time, practice, and lots of hard work. I’ve been doing this for five years now, keep that in mind.
Posting wise, I’ve broken Club Penguin News numerous times, published exclusives that nobody else has, been first to post when they updated quite often, and I’ve made a lot of friends through my writing. Here’s my top five posts (in my opinion) that I’ve made in the 2012.
- How Club Penguin Started and my Personal Thoughts On Lane Merrifield Leaving Club Penguin – why? I chose this as my first one because I worked really hard on that post and had a lot of fun writing it. It is one of the most discussed posts on the website.
- How To Add Any Penguin On Club Penguin – why? It was big news, and soon enough Club Penguin (okay, Polo Field only) asked me to take it down. This was quickly fixed.
- Club Penguin Employee Busted For Illegal Downloading – why? This is rather unique Club Penguin news but still related and it was interesting to stir the pot and get a reaction from the Club Penguin Community. UPDATE: Unfortunately I have had to remove this post.
- When Are All These 40+ Past Sneak Peeks and Exclusives Being Released? – why? That post took me forever to make. And I’m proud of it, just like I am with all my other writings.
- The Director Is Aunt Arctic – why? I was the first one to break this big news. That was quite the adrenaline rush.
Here’s to a fantastic 2013 year of blogging and many more friendships! I’ve got lots planned for Club Penguin Memories this year, such as more contests, more features, and much more page content! I hope you all had a great year with Club Pegnuin Memories.
Also: If you are interested, here are a few other extra stats from WordPress – you can view the full report on their website if you are interested here.
- The busiest day (19,537 views) was November 15th
- The top posts/pages on Club Penguin Memories this year are, in order from greatest amount of views to least amount of views are:
- Club Penguin Parties with 33,237 views
- Club Penguin Catalogs with 32,651 views
- Club Penguin Trackers with 27,532 views
- Herbert Tracker with 19,338 views
- 2012 Parties with 16,595 views
And finally, comment wise, who talked the most?