Earlier today Mashable, a popular blog about social media, published a nice article about Club Penguin. It talks about how the game became so popular amongst kids and even mentioned things such as Coins For Change. They even gave us a sneak peek of the Town for the Holiday Party, even though we already saw what all the rooms look like a few months ago. One detail change between this picture and the old picture is this one has the signs pointing to the Snow Forts and Dock. This image also features some of the same penguins as in my Coins For Change sneak peek post.
Back to the Mashable article. It has an interesting infographic about us players, which you can view below.
- Club Penguin Times is read more than the New York Times
- Club Penguin has more than 150 million accounts created
- By the time this meeting is over(huh?) 21,000 kids have logged in
- 25 Million Puffles adopted in 2011 (one adoption per second)
- 200,000 UGC (user generated content) videos
- 950,000 Blog Postings (not just Club Penguin, us too!)
- Players donated 12 billion virtual coins to change the world
The article also gives some interesting statistics, such as 40% of the game’s players are from the U.S. If you’re interested, you can read the full article here.
5 thoughts on “Holiday Party 2011 Sneak Peek On Mashable + More!”
Club Penguin Times is read more than the New York Times! That’s insane!
Wow! Really interesting the infographic! Especially the part of Club Penguin Times part.
Interesting! But how could more people read cp times more than NY times?
i thouhgt that mashable was a serve in club penguin so i logged in then i found out that the server doesnt exist lol