Hi everyone! For a little while now I’ve been slightly teasing some up and coming things that you will soon be seeing on Club Penguin Memories. After planing everything, I am ready to give some more detail. I have the following planned:
- Contests, giveaways, more contests, more giveaways
- A party or two
- A whole new theme
- Plus my “Club Penguin Memories 2012 Year In Review” and “Club Penguin 2012 Year In Review” posts like I did for 2011
- Expanded pages
- A few code giveaways in just a few days (how does Sunday sound?)
- Remember the Club Penguin Memories 12 Days of Christmas last year where I gave away a code each day and you had 24 hours to enter each one? It’s 24 days of Christmas this year. Yeah, I’m giving out 24 different codes to you all via contests. Coin codes, Card-Jitsu codes, maybe even a Club Penguin Game Day code?
- A party on the 8th or 9th of December to celebrate five years of Club Penguin Memories (since I made the original website on December 7, 2007)
- A new theme on the 1st of January to celebrate two years since I launched clubpenguinmemories.com (maybe a second party around then too?)
So what does this new theme look like, you ask? Nothing is official with the design yet, but I’m thinking on going with something that looks like the following. Click the images below to view them in full size. I really like the whole magazine/columns layout that I currently have, and I think other Club Penguin Bloggers do too since they’ve got the current theme I have on here or one with the similar layout. With the theme, at the top there would be links to my other websites and the Email, Twitter, YouTube, and RSS feed links. Below that is the header and navigation buttons, then something new – most popular posts. I want your thoughts on that. Should I include it? I could really put anything there – top posts, random posts, random pages, top posts of the week, most popular, etc. When you roll your mouse over that area there are arrows you can click to view more. (since only some show at a time, it slides to reveal more and hide the current ones showing)
More about the theme under the first image. (scroll down)
Below the most popular section or whatever I make it if I keep it, is all of the posts. As you can see, it keeps the magazine style. There is the post image at the top, the post date, a quick summary, and then you can click to read more. It also lists the category it’s filed under, post views, amount of likes, etc. I can have it display the “new” badge on new posts and also have similar badges such as a star or have it say featured. Posts with a video can have the play button like with the Aunt Arctic is the Director post. I might also be able to implement infinite scrolling if I go with this new design, where you can scroll down and down and down and it loads the next page of posts without. Currently you have to click to go to the next page, with this you don’t have to click anything, instead you just scroll down!
So please, tell me your thoughts on everything. I can easily change the site background shown in the teaser above, by the way. I hope you’re as excited as I am.