Okay, so I’m pretty happy right now – I pretty much finished the website. I managed to do it without filling the 3GB of space, too. In fact, I have 16.2 MB left, or 0.5% of 3GB. Haha. Thank goodness I’m going self hosted and getting a domain – more about that below.
First thing is first. I’m pretty amazed at how this website got a fair amount of hits. I’m not positive, but I think the Piczo website is dead. Piczo is terrible, no lie. They have terrible support, it’s full of errors, blah blah blah. Back in Spring they deleted my website when I told them to just delete a page…and it took a week or two until it was undeleted. Good times, good times. Back in October when I was thinking about moving from Piczo to WordPress, I made a pros (good things) & cons (bad things) list. The ups & downs of transferring the old website to here. Here’s the list:
|Better commenting system than Piczo’s Shoutboxes||Have to pay for more space unlike Piczo|
|You can get a domain name||It’ll take time to transfer everything|
|I get to back up all the pictures on my computer||I don’t know if it’ll be worth it in the end|
|Have to start all over (good and bad)||Have to start all over (good and bad)|
|Ranks in Google so much better||Not quite as customizable(?)|
|I can add authors without giving them my password unlike Piczo||Not as familiar with WordPress|
|Better Support||I’ll loose all my 180,000+ hits and need to advertise this new website|
|WordPress is more popular than Piczo|
|My friends are skilled at WordPress|
|Better hit counter – my Piczo one froze|
As you can see, there is more pros than cons, so I went ahead and did it. Now, as I said about I was surprised that I got a fair amount of hits while working on this website. Here’s the stats from around the time I started to the time I finished:
Week 42: 66 hits
Week 43: 317 hits
Week 44: 464 hits
Week 45: 520 hits
Week 46: 356 hits
Week 47: 415 hits
Week 48: 480 hits
Week 49: 225 hits (and the week isn’t over yet!)
No, that isn’t week 42 working on the website, it’s the 42nd week of the year.
Now, here is what to expect in the near future:
1) My friend Tech163 is currently working on making me self hosted. He got me a domain name, too. More about this when it’s all set up.
2) Blogging about what’s new on Club Penguin. In addition to all the pictures on the pages of the parties, newspapers, catalogs, etc I’ll be blogging about the latest Club Penguin Updates. I help Tech163 and Loki Terry blog on Club Penguin CC, and whenever Club Penguin updates I’m usually one of the first to post what’s new – whether it be Field Ops, a new pin, new catalogs, etc. When I’m back in school (I’m temporarily home schooled, which is the only reason I managed to do all this in 2 months while balancing other work) I might not be the first, but I’ll be quick. I might have friends blog for me too when I’m at school – but for right now I plan to work alone. It might change at some point though. For now I’ll be doing just pages. Once the domain setup is complete I’ll do the blogging too. It should all be complete sometime soon.
3) What is nice about WordPress compared to Piczo is WordPress is so much faster to use. I can set up a page in minutes. For Piczo, it takes a good 15 or more. I’ve got a quicker technique to take screenshots, too.
Here’s some stats you might find interesting:
1) This website takes up just about 3GB of space
2) I have 10,774 images on this website excluding the stats picture above
3) I have 884 pages total.
My next post will be when the domain is ready and I’m self hosted. I’ll see you soon! For now, you can always Contact Me or see my posts on Club Penguin CC. Any advertising of this website would be greatly appreciated. Now, I need to do some homework. I’ve been doing minimum stuff for the past month or two to finish this done. Goodbye Piczo, hello WordPress.