Tonight will mark one full week since the 2014 Music Jam and SoundStudio were released on Club Penguin. While SoundStudio got good reviews, a lot of penguins voiced their unhappiness about the Music Jam. How do you feel?
With the Music Jam, the biggest complaint seems to be is that there are not many island decorations. Instead, it’s just the cruise ship which is only for the party. Many do not like that and wished the actual island was decorated just like it was in the past Music Jam parties. I personally do not mind the Cruise Ship, I think it’s great. Although having the actual island decorated would be cool, I’m not going to say this party stinks just because of that. One thing Club Penguin seems to be doing lately is having parties off of the Club Penguin island. They’ve done it a few times before, but even more this year. For example:
- Prehistoric Party was not on regular Club Penguin, you had to teleport to it with the Time Trekker
- The Fair’s attractions were on the island, but not in the main rooms such as the Beach, Forest, or Cove. Instead you had to follow a special path at the Dock. The only “decorations” was the evening sky on regular Club Penguin
- Future Party wasn’t on the Club Penguin island either, just like the Prehistoric Party you had to teleport with the Time Trekker
- Music Jam takes place on the Cruise Ship for a majority of the party
It seems that roughly every other party this year takes place off the island. Here’s what I mean:
- Prehistoric Party: off the island
- The Fair: off the island
- Muppets World tour: on the island
- Puffle Party: on the island
- Future Party: off the island
- Penguin Cup: on the island
- Music Jam: off the island
As you can see, of the seven parties we’ve had this year four took place off the island and three were on the island. Will next month’s party make it even and be on the island? I guess we’ll find out!
Now, for those of you unhappy with this year’s Music Jam, why are you exactly? You can’t say lack of items since there clearly is not a lack of them, it’s just when the party was released you could not instantly get any besides the Cadence and Penguin Band backgrounds unless you already had them. The rest of the items being released each day are new though!
Moving along to SoundStudio, how do you like it? Good? Bad? I think it’s fun, definitely more fun than DJ3K…it’s just you can’t get a few coins out of it which is hardly a problem but still would be nice. It’s fun to make tracks, there is a decent genre selection with more likely being added in the future, etc. The only problems I’ve encountered with SoundStudio are I can’t always like tracks because it says I already have in the past 24 hours even if I hadn’t, and the track naming filter is terrible. I will not get into specifics but I did discover the filter allows many inappropriate words, which I did alert Club Penguin about. While the filter does accidentally allow words that could get you banned, it also does not allow simple track names such as “Club Penguin” which I find to be highly annoying. Hopefully Club Penguin tweaks their filter for SoundStudio ASAP to block bad track names and also allow more good ones. Aside from these few bugs I think SoundStudio is a great addition and it’s fun to hear the tracks other people made! What do you like and dislike about SoundStudio? Do you like it more than DJ3K or do you feel like DJ3K was better?