While doing my rounds on Facebook (no, I wasn’t creeping the girl I like ;)) I decided to check up on Disney’s Parent Portal Application and noticed it is now open to everyone! In this application parents (or if you have your own Facebook account, you) can track what your child does on the game. When you first go to the app it will have you enter the penguin’s username and password. Once you click “add my child” it will let you in. An email will also be sent to the email the penguin is currently under.
The main feature in this is the learning tracker. There are bars to show the penguin’s progress in the learning type games. Bits & Bolts, Jelly Bean Counters (Bean Counters with the secret level) and Field-Ops are listed.
The achievements are:
Bits & Bolts:
- Build a bot using multiples of 2
- Build a bot using multiples of 3
- Build a bot using even numbers
- Build a bot using odd numbers
- Build a bot using multiples of 4
- Build a bot using multiples of 5
- Build a bot using multiples of 6
- Build a bot using prime numbers
Jelly Bean Counters:
- Sort the jelly beans into separate hues
- Sort primary colors of jelly beans
- Sort secondary colors of jelly beans
- Sort tertiary colors of jelly beans
- Sort jelly beans in sets of 3 similar colors
- Sort jelly beans in sets of 2 complimentary colors
- Sort warm colors of jellybeans
- Sort cool colors of jellybeans
- Solve a passcode by finding the shape’s matching pair
- Copy the beat to open 3 locks
- Enter X-Y coordinates to destroy targets
- Stop the spinning dials on the right degree angle
- Direct a robot to 3 correct targets within 4 attempts
There are also resources for parents.
Finally, parents can leave comments about the parent portal or send them an email.
If you would like to try it out yourself go here.