Wow, lots of things for October 4th in Club Penguin History! Starting with 2006, version 1.2 of Club Penguin was released with some improvements. Here is what was posted on the Club Penguin Blog by Rsnail:
I am proud to announce the release of Club Penguin version 1.20. We’ve been working hard on this for quite a while and we hope you enjoy it!
Here is a list of all the new features and improvements.
New and Updated Features:
- New and improved login system
- Players have the option to remember their Penguin
- Players have the option to remember their password
- Enhanced content loading systemUpdate: Puffles will now stay around longer before running away
- Players can now cancel when loading maps or newspapers
- The server will automatic try to reload content if loading fails
- Added “+” quick key to toggle screen resolution
- Added new (separate) reporting for bad penguin names
- Added spy phone to player card
- Faster loading of the game!
- Fixed default color bug
- Fixed enter key problem with chat bar
- Fixed zero score bug when playing games
- Fixed various item and furniture names
- Fixed problem when viewing furniture after your membership expires
- Fixed negative days when applying to be a secret agent
- Plus lots more
Hopefully you all enjoy this update! Please remember to only save your password on your home computer. If you save it somewhere else (like at school) , someone else might use your account without your permission and spend all your coins. Also, never give out your password to anyone other than your parents.
Please remember that there might be some bugs with this new system, so please be patient and report all the bugs you find so we can get them fixed as quickly as possible.
We’ll update you on more stuff later this week.
Until then… Waddle On!
- Club Penguin Team
By rsnail on October 4, 2006 9:51 AM
Lots, I know! Moving right along, in 2010 on this day the 17th field op was released. It was located at the Pool where the glass windows are. The game was to crack the code with the symbols.
Finally, for 2011, there were also tons of updates. Updates included:
- Penguin size increased in igloos
- New unlock design released with treasure chest (what you now see when redeeming codes)
- Treasure Book updated (and also added to the Gift Shop) – along with this any series coin code now unlocked the current treasure book
- Puffle Hats released (and a login screen advertising them)
- Membership page updated
- ‘Mobile’ link added to navbar
- Gary sent a EPF message
- Nyan Puffle: Part 2 uploaded to YouTube by Club Penguin
- 50th field op (located at the Snow Forts Clock Tower, you had to find the matching shape for the game)
- Fence Pin at the Beach on the rocks
- …and finally, a new clothing catalogue for the month of October was released
Items mentioned in this article:
Leave a Reply
-Card-Jitsu Snow Released
-Club Penguin Times Issue 396
-Club Penguin Magazine Issue 18
-Club Penguin Times Issue 397
-June 2013 Penguin Style
-Club Penguin Times Issue 398
-Club Penguin Times Issue 399